No products in the cart.
Cucumber is one of the fruits that are made up of mostly water (95%) thus, they can keep you hydrated. It belongs in the same plant family as squash, pumpkin and watermelon. It is chock full of Vitamins, minerals, polyphenols and other compounds that may help reduce your risk of chronic diseases.
Here are more reasons why you should make cucumbers a part of your life
Latest 2018 Styles
- Eating cucumbers gives relief from heartburns; applying it on the skin helps sunburns and itchy skin
- The water present in them helps flush out toxins and wastes in the body. Regular ingestion of cucumbers can help dissolve kidney stones.
- Vitamin A, B and C in them boost immunity, give energy and keep you radiant
- Placing slices of cucumber on the eyes is an age long tradition in reducing under-eyes bags and puffiness.
- They also help with diabetes as they contain a hormone needed by the pancreatic cells for producing insulin. The potassium, magnesium and fiber in them also help regulate blood pressure.
- A flavanoid called Fisetin in cucumbers seem to play an important role in brain health. It helps improve memory and protect nerve cells from age-related decline.
- Cucumbers can be used in eliminating a foggy mirror and squeaking hinges too, just rub it on either items and you are good to go.
- They also help in hangovers; just take some slices before going to bed. They contain enough sugar, B-vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients which in turn reduce the intensity of hangover and headache.
- The silica present in cucumbers promote joint health by strengthening connective tissues. Silica also strengthens hair and nails.
- Cucumbers reduces the risk of cancer
- Cucumber juice can heal diseased gums and refresh the mouth.
- Also, it contains sterols, which helps reduce bad cholesterol
Make cucumbers a part of your family’s diet today, you won’t regret it.