I remember how much I disliked cashew nuts when I was a child, but I have since grown to love it, especially when it is salted with a dash of pepper too.
Cashew nuts are very versatile nuts when it comes to consumption. They make great nut butter, used in stir fries and salads and are also a great snack in between meals.
READ MORE WCW: Many Faces of Toyin Lawani
They are readily available in Nigeria as the cashew fruits, where they are gotten from can be found here.
Some factors to consider to make you reach for thes nuts
Latest asoebi 2019 Styles
- Cashews have a lower fat content compared to other nuts
- They are good for the heart, as they contain anti-oxidants that can help prevent heart diseases.
- They also contain essential minerals such as potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc, manganese and selenium, a good enough amount of these minerals to prevent deficiency diseases. These minerals are essential for body functions and regulations
- They help promote healthy bones, hair, gums and teeth, nerves and aid digestion
- Also beneficial in the prevention of the formation of gallstones
- Cashew nuts help prevent from macular degeneration by filtering the sun’s Ultra Violet rays
Img Src: factsof health.com