I remember how much I disliked cashew nuts when I was a child, but I have since grown to love it, especially when it is salted with a dash of pepper too.
Cashew nuts are very versatile nuts when it comes to consumption. They make great nut butter, used in stir fries and salads and are also a great snack in between meals.
READ MORE WCW: Many Faces of Toyin Lawani
- Cashews have a lower fat content compared to other nuts
- They are good for the heart, as they contain anti-oxidants that can help prevent heart diseases.
- They also contain essential minerals such as potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc, manganese and selenium, a good enough amount of these minerals to prevent deficiency diseases. These minerals are essential for body functions and regulations
- They help promote healthy bones, hair, gums and teeth, nerves and aid digestion
- Also beneficial in the prevention of the formation of gallstones
- Cashew nuts help prevent from macular degeneration by filtering the sun’s Ultra Violet rays
Img Src: factsof health.com