Long and healthy nails is on the list of every lady’s beauty goals. No one would deny that it takes a lot of effort and patience to achieve long and beautiful nails. If you want it, you have to put in the work.
The key to getting long strong nails goes way beyond polishes and filing. Nail care is complex and in order for it to grow and strengthen, it must be cared for and nourished correctly.
The nails typically grow at around one eighth of an inch per month, their rate of growth can be affected by hormones, which is especially higher in pregnant women.
What to use to achieve longer and stronger nails
- Olive Oil: Olive oil can be used alone to massage and soak your nails daily to make them strong and long.
- Stay away from acrylics and gels as they damage the nails.
- Eat foods with folic acid.
- Rub Garlic on your nails: Garlic is naturally rich in selenium, which when rubbed on your nails can promote growth. Garlic is also antibacterial and antifungal, thus it also protects your nails from infections.
- Soak Your Nails in Orange Juice: Oranges are loaded with vitamin C and folic acid that are essential for nail growth. Soaking your nails in fresh orange juice also exfoliates your nails and cuticles, due to the presence of citric acid.
So, in essence,
Latest 2018 Styles
- In order to get healthy and long nails, stop biting your nails. It’s an absolute no-no.
- Keep your nails and cuticles dry to avoid fungal infections. If you already have an infection, you can use home remedies to treat the nail fungus.
- Eat a healthy diet including eggs, chicken, leafy vegetables and nuts for healthy and strong nails.
- Regularly trim and cut your nails to make them grow faster.
- Use nail strengtheners for attaining strong nails. These contain keratin protein that is similar to the composition of your nails.
- Apply petroleum jelly on your nails before going to bed to keep them moisturized.