Dark underarms can be embarrassing and frustrating and if you have them, it’s time to do something about them. There are loads of remedies out there to lighten your underarms, that you can do in the comfort of your home.
Some of the main causes of dark underarms are shaving, regular use of hair removing creams, excessive sweating, poor ventilation of underarms, accumulation of dead skin cells, and use of alcohol-based deodorants and antiperspirants.
Below are some remedies that may help you get rid of dark underarms and attain even skin tone
1) Potato: Did you know potatoes have natural bleaching properties? Take thin slices of potatoes and massage under arms for 5-7 minutes. Rinse with water and repeat 2-3 times a week.
2) Lemon and Baking Soda: Lemon is an amazing natural cleanser and mixing it with baking soda can make an outstanding scrub to get rid of dark underarms. Mix a small amount of baking soda and add fresh lemon juice and rub the scrub under your arms for 2-3 minutes. Repeat once or twice a week for best results.
Latest 2018 Styles
3) Coconut oil: Moisturizing under the arms is extremely important when trying to get rid of dark pits. Coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer that contains Vitamin E which can help lighten dark areas over time.
4) Sugar and Coconut oil scrub: Removing dead skin from the under arms area is very important, as any kind of buildup can cause the area to appear dark. Mix a tea spoon of sugar with a small amount of coconut oil and apply under the arms. Scrub for a few seconds and wash away.
5) Orange peel: Orange peels can be used to lighten the skin under your arms due to their skin lightening and exfoliating properties. To get rid of dark underarms using this ingredient, put some orange peels in the sun for a few days until they dry out completely. Grind the dried peels into powder form.
Mix two teaspoons of powdered orange peels with enough rose water and milk to make a thick paste. Gently scrub your underarms with the paste and then leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, wash the area with cold water. Then you repeat the process two or three times a week.