Turmeric For Face
Turmeric is a great ingredient to be used in home-made face packs that can be used to cure a number of skin problems.
MAKE YOUR OWN TURMERIC FACE MASK
- Mix flour, turmeric, honey and milk to make a paste
- 2 tablespoons of flour. You can use regular flour, rice flour or ground oats if your skin is dry.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons milk. You can also use yogurt to fight acne.
- A few drops of honey
- Apply a thin layer to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes
- Rinse off in the shower, scrubbing gently to remove.
Apply your favorite moisturizer.
Other Uses Of Turmeric For Face
1. Cures acne: This golden spice is very effective due to its anti-bacterial properties. It helps in destroying the acne-causing bacteria and also removes the excess oil from the skin. Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric with 2 teaspoons of sandalwood and some milk to make a paste. Apple it all over your face and leave it to dry. Wash off and then repeat few times in a week to see results.
Also Read: Get Your Glitter On This Holiday Season With These Celebrity Style Inspiration
2. Helps in exfoliation: Turmeric is a great natural exfoliator and helps in removing dead skin cells. Mix 1 tablespoon oatmeal, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and some milk or rose water to form a paste. This exfoliating face pack will leave your face clean and soft.
A lot of people are concerned about turmeric turning their skin and face yellow. But you don’t have to worry. In most face packs only a pinch of turmeric powder is required which may not stain your face. Also, make sure you buy pure and good quality turmeric as turmeric adulteration with synthetic colours is common and that may stain and harm your skin.
pic credit: huffington post
Leave a Reply