Sugar Waxing has been around for ages and all it takes to make it is white sugar, water, and lemon juice. The great thing about sugar wax is that it’s so much better for your skin than shaving or waxing. It’s all natural, and doesn’t rip the hairs or cause bumps or irritation. Sugar wax is also a much gentler way of removing hair, and doesn’t hurt nearly as much as waxing.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
As you can see, the ingredients are all 100% natural and you probably already have them in your kitchen.
- In a medium sized pot, add all of the ingredients and mix them with a wooden spoon.
- Place the pot over high heat, and wait until the mixture becomes bubbly/frothy.
- Reduce to medium heat, and stir constantly. It’s extremely important that you stir, stir, stir, otherwise the mixture will harden and you’ll have to start over again.
- Cook on medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture reaches a medium golden brown color. This should take about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, take a spoonful of the sugar wax mixture and place it in the fridge. Allow it to cool, and if the consistency still isn’t right, return the mixture to heat.
- The consistency should be a thick, manageable consistency (you should be able to pick it up….just like wax).
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, transfer to a bowl.
How to Apply
Using a butter knife, Spoon, Your hands, or a thick wooden popsicle stick; scoop out a glob of wax and roll into a ball (for legs I generally make a golf ball size wax ball) (but for smaller areas you would need less)
Press the ball onto area you need to wax and using your palm and fingers, or using a popsicle stick flatten out the wax over the area you are waxing, until the wax is about 1/4″ thick,
Latest asoebi 2019 Styles
If you choose to use waxing strips; apply sheet over the wax and quickly rub back and forth over the waxing strip while applying some pressure (heat from friction is key)
Take a deep breath; then pull! (you should be able to pull the wax off with your fingers if you are not using a waxing strip)
You can reroll the same wax you just used and apply again or you can start a new one.