Carrot contains an anti-aging nutrient with antioxidant capabilities and Beta- Carotene to slow down aging.
It is worth bearing in mind that carrots do not contain enough oil, so carrot oil is made by adding other natural oils. Carrot oil is not difficult to be prepared at home.
Carrot oil can be used to restore healthy skin color and also to improve its elasticity and firmness. Particularly effective is the use of oil for moisturizing of skin during the cold weather, when the house is overheated. If you suffer from eczema, psoriasis or irritation of any kind, carrot oil will be able to provide a kind of a first aid.
Uses of Homemade Carrot Oil
- For skin lightening
- Removes dark spots
- Natural sunscreen
- Moisturizes skin
- Gives skin a healthy glow
- Helps in natural tanning
- Hair growth
- Makes hair shiny, soft and silky
- Promotes anti-aging
What you need:
- 2 medium-sized carrots, unwashed
- ¾ cup of pure sunflower oil, extra virgin olive oil or my favorite: liquid coconut oil
- A clean glass jar
- Get 2 medium-sized carrots from your fridge then peel them. Do not wash them. If they’re wet, dry them thoroughly with paper towels and leave them to completely dry without a drop of moisture before proceeding further.
- Next, grate your peeled carrots into a bowl. Transfer them into a clean glass jar.
- Fill up the jar with your oil of choice (sunflower, extra virgin olive oil, liquid coconut oil, etc). Make sure the jar is filled to the top of the jar with oil. This prevents any air in the jar that will make the oil rancid.
Now store your jar in a warm area (like a sunny window sill) and leave it there for about 2 weeks. Shake the jar everyday to allow the nutrients of the carrots to infuse into the oil.
- After 2 weeks, strain the oil using a fine plastic mesh strainer into another clean jar. Use a funnel to avoid spillage.
- And your homemade carrot oil is ready for use! Label it ‘homemade carrot oil’ and mark the date. Store it in a cool dry place like the refrigerator to lengthen its shelf life.
Latest 2018 Styles On Amillionstyles