Egg white is great for tightening and toning skin. It works wonders for greasy skin by shrinking large pores on the skin surface, thereby reducing excess sebum. Large pores are also potential breeding grounds for bacteria that cause bulbous zits and cysts, which means pore-tightening egg white can help reduce acne.
Egg white has been used in face mask recipes since ancient times, especially in Asia, to achieve beautiful radiant skin. You can make a mask with egg white alone, or you can add in other powerful ingredients to provide more nourishing benefits to your skin.
Here is a simple, skin-friendly egg white face mask, coupled with other valuable kitchen ingredients, for healthy, blemish-free skin:
Acne-Busting Egg White Face Mask
This pimple-fighting face mask has three powerhouse ingredients that you can find in every kitchen. It’s simple to make and super inexpensive; you simply can’t afford to miss the numerous benefits!
Latest asoebi 2019 Styles
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and lemon juice until the mixture becomes frothy. The lemon juice masks the odour of the egg white. Add ½ teaspoon of honey and stir well.
- Wash your face with warm water to open up your pores. Using clean hands or a cotton ball, apply the mixture onto your face, avoiding the sensitive areas around your mouth and eyes.
- Relax yourself as you wait for the mixture to settle and dry on your face. You can lie down and breathe deeply, thinking happy thoughts!
- Keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes. When the mixture has completely dried on your face, gently scrub it off using warm water, tackling all areas of your face in a circular motion. Pat dry with a towel and marvel at the smooth feel of your skin!
10 Beauty Benefits of Egg White for Skin and Hair
1. Removes facial hair
2. Tightens and shrinks large pores
3. Lifts skin
4. Great for reducing oily skin
5. Removes excess scalp oiliness
6. Fights off and prevents acne and acne scars
7. Brings a shine to dull hair
8. Helps get rid of black heads
9. Reduces under eye puffiness
10. Checks wrinkles and fine lines
Image credit: stylecraze