Pineapple belong to the bromeliad family. It is actually made up of many berries that fuse together around a central core. Like most fruits, they come in species and are usually sweet. They are usually eaten fresh, juiced or cooked.
READ MORE Stunning Style That Can Replace Your Aso ebi For An Owambe Party
Some of the touted health benefits of pineapple include:
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it good for the relief of arthritis pain.
- It is a very rich source of Vitamin C, which makes it good for the immune system and can help with colds.
- The fruit has other nutrients which can aid in the prevention of some cancers.
- Pineapple is a rich source of fiber, both the soluble and insoluble type and thus aids digestion
- It is great for bones, eyes and oral health.
- The potassium contained in the fruit aids in blood circulation and maintaining blood pressure which promote healthy heart.
- The bromelain in it also helps reduce blood clots.
Some people may be allergic to the fruit though, so watch your reaction to it, especially when introducing it to children. Also, because it is a meat tenderizer, it can lead to soreness of the mouth if taken too much at a time.
Leave a Reply