This is the part 5 of the “dressing for your body” series. The hourglass shape is the most coveted shape by women. It is characterized by well a balanced bust and hips with a well defined waist; gently rounded shoulders that align with the hips; upper body is proportionate in length to the legs; rounded bottom with a beautiful side and front profile.
The key to dressing the hourglass shape is to proportionally dress the top and bottom of the body while accentuating the waist. Adding volume to the top and lower body is also great as long as the balance is maintained.
Latest 2018 Styles
- Wide belts over shirts and dresses are a great way to show off the waist
- This shape can wear any skirt length
- Belted tops, wrap styled tops and form-fitting tops are great
- High-waist trousers and skirts, boot cut and straight legged pants
- Cargoes and flap-pocket jeans with a balanced top
- Wear dark colors and vertical stripes if you want to downplay your curves.
- Avoid volume enhancing details at your bust or waist, these may make you look heavy on top or reduce your waist definition when placed around there.
Not this body shape? Check out Dressing for your body Part 4: Diamond Shape