The pear shape has a well-defined waist with the hips wider than the bust. The arms are slim with well-proportioned shoulders. A lot of women have this body shape. The key to dressing this shape is to emphasize the waist, de-emphasize the lower body and add volume to the upper body to give an illusion of an hour-glass appearance.
A major challenge in dressing this shape is finding dresses that will fit both the tiny waist and wide hips. This is because slim-cut dresses may not be wide enough to accommodate the lower half of the body.
Latest asoebi 2019 Styles
- Bright colours and bold patterns for tops
- Focus attention upward. Pear-shaped women should focus attention on the upper half of their pear-shaped body by choosing slim, fitted tops, button-down shirts and cardigans
- Embellishments around the bust and shoulders to balance out the lower body
- Off-shoulder, boat-neck tops, wide V or U neck tops
- Tops with fitted waists, draw attention to bust with pockets or details
- Lightly gathered skirts that skim your body without adding volume
- Pants that fall straight from the widest part of your hip.
- Darker coloured bottoms with clean lines and simple stitching
- A-line skirts and dresses.
- Layer it up. Layering garments can balance a pear-shaped body by adding visual interest to the top half of the body
- Avoid tops with lower pockets and bottoms with embellished pockets.
- Avoid rear pockets in bottoms.
Not this Body shape? Check out Top Hourglass
Photo Credit: shopmyshape.com