This is the part 7 of the “dressing for your body” series. The spoon shape is characterized by hips larger than the bust, but with a defined waist; hips have a shelf appearance and body is prone to gaining weight in the tummy, while wait may be gained in the upper thighs and arms, the lower legs and arms are shapely and the best assets.
The key to dressing this shape is to draw attention to the upper body and de-emphasizing the tummy and hips to create a more balanced appearance and illusion of an hourglass figure.
- Pick tops with empire waists, rouching or embellishments around the bust
- Tops that skim the midsection without adding volume
- Off the shoulder, boat-neck tops, wide v or U necks and strapless tops that show off your shoulders.
- Pants with straight legs, mini skirts.
- Choose wide waist bands to camouflage tummy bulges
- Avoid pants with flares
- Avoid details such as embellished pockets, flap pockets and whiskering
SEE ALSO: 10 Amazing Ways To Rock Maxi Skirt Or Print Skirt
Leave a Reply