Tassel earrings have become a vital accessory this season and are perfect for taking any low- key look to next level lit.
Statement accessories really do elevate a look, and a pair of big tassel earrings can give your plain boring outfit the lit factor that it needs.
How to make an emerald green tassel earring
For the earrings you will need:
- 2 6-foot pieces of emerald green embroidery thread
- 4 pieces of thread in a complimentary color (I used a silvery metallic). 2 6-inch pieces and 2 12-inch pieces.
- A credit card
- 2 earring hooks
1. Take your 6-inch piece of thread and make a knot that keeps a small loop. Set aside.
2. Then wrap your emerald thread around the card as shown.
3. Feed the 6-inch piece of thread under the wrapped thread and tie a double knot. Then slide the green thread off the card.
4. Snip the ends of the thread you just knotted, keeping the small loop at the very top.
5. Now take your 12-inch piece of thread and wrap it around the top of the tassel. Make a knot and snip the ends.
6. Now take your scissors and cut the ends of the tassel. Snip a bit more to even the length.
7. Attach the earring hook to the small loop at the top. You may need to open and close it with your fingers or round nose pliers.
8. Repeat for the second earring.
You can also watch the video below by Neerja’s creations.
Check out Tassel Earring Styles
Except from helloglow