Jeans were originally designed to withstand the rigors of the blue-collar workday, but in today’s society, they’re also high fashion.The best way to make your jeans last longer is to keep your denim out of the washer and dryer.
10 Tips How to Care for Your Jeans
1. If you have dark jeans and you want to keep the color wash the jeans in vinegar before the first wash. Add 1 cup of regular household vinegar in your washer and no washing detergent and wash in cold water. They will not smell like vinegar, but the vinegar will “seal” the blue color and it will not bleed as easily the next washes to come.
2. If adding vinegar to your brand new jeans sounds crazy to you, try soaking your jeans in a bucket with water and one cup of salt for the same color sealing effect.
3. Washing and especially hot water will fade your jeans, so try to wash them less often. You can easily get over 5 uses out of them, especially if you air them out often in fresh air. If you want to go extreme: freezing your jeans will also refreshen them.
Latest asoebi 2019 Styles
4. Always wash your jeans inside out and with other dark colors.
5. Always wash your jeans in cold water. It will prevent them from fading and from shrinking.
6. If you can and have time.. wash your jeans in a hot tub by hand. Soak them 15 minutes in cold water and mild detergent and then rinse another 10 minutes in fresh cold water and hang to dry.
7. Use color-protection washing detergent to keep the colors from fading.
8. Don’t dry your jeans in a dryer. If you must, use the lowest temperature. High temperature is bad for the fabric, and while jeans are durable and can take it, it will shorten the life of your jeans. Try to avoid hot water and hot drying if possible.
9. While heat if bad for your jeans, to freshen up your jeans and to keep them looking fresh for longer, iron them with starch. Starch will make the jeans look crispier and you can get a few more times of use out of your jeans before you have to wash them.
10. You can get your jeans also dry cleaned and starched to get the same crispy effect – they will look fantastic and stay looking good for several additional uses.
Did you find these tips helpful? Is there anything else you’ll like to know? Chat us up in the comment section below.