Painted denim is so cool, having your favorite things painted on your favorite denim jacket, trousers or skirt would be a double dose of fabulous fashion.
I recently came across a tweet of someone who paints on denim for N2,500. If you are not inclined towards DIYs, that’s affordable enough to splurge on, but if you’d rather do-it-yourself, then, stay with me as I give you some quick tips on how to showcase your inner Picasso on your favorite denim! Hand painted denim is a fun DIY for those who love to tweak things.
What you will need:
- Your denim piece (trousers, jacket, skirt, shirt)
- Some masking tape
- Definitely acrylic paint and Textile Medium paint
- Paint brushes
- Crayon, Chalk or pencil to sketch with.
Here are a few things to note when you decide to paint denim:
- Use a chalk or pencil to sketch your design on your denim, so you can have a guide for the final work. Section off your painting area with some masking tape, so all spills are on controlled areas.
- Mix your acrylic paint with some textile medium paint to prevent the acrylic from drying out and peeling off when washing the denim. Textile medium turns acrylic to washable paint. Use the ratio of one part acrylic paint to two parts textile medium.
- After painting on your denim, ensure you leave it overnight to dry, then set it with heat, using an iron on medium heat setting. Wash and allow to dry, then, viola! your denim is ready to be rocked!So, do you think this is something you would try?? Latest Nigerian Lace Styles and Designs-Volume 9
Img Src: Google Images