Double denim is a style of dress in which a denim jacket or shirt is worn with a pair of jeans or a denim skirt. It can be a tricky trend to pull off, but when it’s done correctly it can be really flattering. Denim is so good that wearing it is twice as good. Denim is always in. And Double denim, even more. The Double denim is also known as the Canadian tux.
Denim is a versatile fabric that can easily be dressed up or down as required and can be really eye catching if worn well. And that’s the key to double denim: wearing it well. The best way to wear it is to go a slight shade lighter. This helps differentiate the two denim.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Double Denim
- To get comfortable with wearing denim on denim, start off by matching different shades of denim
- Stick to denim clothing. Stay away from denim shoes, hats, handbags, or any other kind of denim accessory.
- Don’t be afraid to wear ripped jeans.
- The lighter shades of denim draw more attention to the body parts they cover, whereas darker washes create a slimming effect. Go for darker washes on the bottom and lighter on the top.
- The key to pulling off a double denim look is balance.
Latest 2018 Styles On Amillionstyles
We’ve seen celebrities showcasing their denim on denim style, the question is are you brave enough to do the same? Keep scrolling to discover how to style your jeans in new unexpected ways – as inspired by the street style stars.