No products in the cart.
When your favourite Jewelry just doesn’t have the same sparkle and shine, what do you do? Jewelry is expensive, and you want to keep it looking just as amazing as the day you bought it.
The good news is that you can keep your jewelry sparkling and shine with things you already have at home. Instead of purchasing expensive cleaning solutions, you can clean it yourself at home with these household products.
1. Due to its ability to corrode other materials, vodka can be used on glass and anything crystalline in nature to remove dirt and grunge. (Yes, this means it’s fine for both diamonds and diamond-like glass stones!) Give your stones a good scrub with a vodka-soaked cloth, and you’re all set.
2. If you have any jewelry that’s pure silver, you can soak it in a mixture of 1⁄2 a cup of white vinegar with 2 tablespoons of baking soda for about two to three hours; when you pull it out, it will be like brand new!
Latest 2018 Styles
3. Splash a small amount of beer onto a cloth, then rub it across your gold pieces to remove any tarnish or other dirt. This works best with light or (at most) amber-colored beers.
4. Toothpaste is a very effective jewelry cleaner, and this is a great option when you want to clean up your jewelry on the go. Take a tablespoon of warm water and an inch of toothpaste and mix these together for a loose paste. This is mildly abrasive, so it works direct by taking grime off of the jewelry, and you can combine it with a soft-bristled toothbrush for extra scrubbing. While toothpaste is mildly abrasive, it will not scratch your jewelry. Rinse well once you are done.
5. Good old-fashioned soap and water works on jewelry like it does on everything else to remove dirt and grime.