How TO Use Guava Leaves On The Hair
- Boil 6-8 guava leaves in a litre of water for 20 minutes. Strain the liquid and let it cool.
- Wash your hair with a good shampoo. Skip the conditioning.
- Towel-dry your hair until it is almost dry.
- Section your hair and apply the guava leaves solution.
- Massage it deeply into your scalp and make sure your hair tips are saturated too.
- Leave the solution in your hair for up to 2 hours if you wish. You can even leave the solution overnight.Also Read:
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
You can also make a guava leaves mask by grinding the leaves coarsely with a little water. Apply the mask to your hair, massaging it well into your scalp and coating your hair right till the tips.
Benefits of using Guava Leaves on the hair include
#1 Prevent hair loss
Washing your hair regularly with guava leaves water has been known to slow down hair loss. The vitamin C present in the leaves nourishes your roots and makes them stronger.
#2 Encourage hair growth
Guava leaves also work as a hair thickening agent. The vitamins B and C nourish hair follicles and help in hair growth.
#3 Promote scalp health
Guava leaves are rich in analgesic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Massage the extract deeply into your scalp to maintain optimum scalp health.
#5 Treat split ends
You can make a guava leaf hair pack by coarsely grinding the leaves and adding a teaspoon of honey. Coat your hair from root to tip with the paste and wash off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes. Do this regularly to treat split ends.
#6 Promote healthier hair
The vitamins present in guava leaves enhance collagen activity which encourages faster growth of healthier hair.
#7 Prevents hair damage
The antioxidants present in guava leaves fight free radicals and prevent hair damage.
#8 Protection from the sun
Lycopene, another guava leaf ingredient, offers protection against the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
#9 Improves blood circulation
When you massage the solution into your scalp it improves blood circulation and deeply nourishes hair follicles, leading to healthy hair.
#10 Cleanses and purifies
Guava leaves extract works hard at removing dirt and grime build-up from your hair and follicles. This takes care of any oiliness or resultant dandruff. You are left with hair that is soft and shiny.