With the many uses of coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut water, it is better to know how to remove the oil and milk by yourself at home. This way you are assured of the quality of your coconut oil and milk. You will also be saving cost as it’s cheaper to make it yourself.
How To Make Coconut Oil
Brown Coconuts (how many depends on the quantity of oil you want to make)
Cutlass or cleaver knife
Sturdy kitchen knife
Filter paper or cheesecloth
1. Break open the coconuts with cutlass or cleaver knife (be careful!)
2. After the coconuts have been broken, cut out the fleshy white part into bowl with sharp knife (or a sturdy spoon).
3. Grate the fleshy pieces ( watch video for this method). If using a blender, chop cut pieces into smaller bits, put in the blender and blend.
4. Add in a little water to ensure that coconut blends more smoothly.
5. Place filter paper or sieve cloth over jar.
6. Pour blended mixture onto filter paper or cheese cloth, a little at a time so the fluid goes into the jar and the flesh is filtered out. With a cheese cloth you can squeeze out more from the meat.
7. After all of the liquid has been sieved into the jar, close and leave in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. This process allows for the oil to split from the liquid.
8. When the waiting time is up, scoop out the whitish curd which will have formed during sitting period to reveal the coconut oil.
9. Store your coconut oil in refrigerator for personal and home use.
This coconut oil DIY method is the Cold Press Method as it is made with no heat.
This allows the oil to retain more of its natural health benefits, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
As someone who has struggled with hair problems my whole life, I know how frustrating…
Managing personal finances can be overwhelming, and building financial security can seem like a daunting…
Anxiety is a common mental health issue that affects millions of people worldwide. Anxiety meaning…
Mental health is an important aspect of overall health and well-being. Good mental health helps…
If you have been struggling with dry, brittle and damaged hair, it's time to add…
Having a positive mindset is crucial for success in every aspect of our lives. It…