Carrots offer several health benefits and are particularly beneficial for organs like the eyes, skin, digestive system and teeth. Carrot juice is awesome because it offers a lot of benefits for our overall health. However, it can really help to improve your skin health too. You can use it internally for detox or externally to get rid of scars. Regular consumption of carrot juice will help you get an even complexion. Let’s discuss the various carrot juice benefits for skin.
Other Health Benefits of Carrot Juice:
• Vitamin A in carrot is essential for good vision.
• A lot of research is going on to find out a possible association between carrot juice and cancer. Carrot juice contains many essential vitamins and minerals which help in the prevention of cancer.
• Drinking carrot juice removes indigestible fibers from the body.
• Carrot juice increases the overall immunity of the body.
• A daily intake of 1 cup of carrot juice also helps in the prevention of heart diseases, and reduces the possibility of a stroke.
You Will Also Like To Read:The Wonderful Benefits Of Using Lemon For Skincare
Many people tend to apply carrot pulp to their skin topically to get rid of blemishes/scars, however carrot juice benefits better for skin health if consumed internally.Carrot is rich in nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C. A cup, that is about 240 ml of carrot juice, contains only 90 calories.
So drink 1 cup (8 ounces) of carrot juice daily but do not drink more than this amount, as it won’t be absorbed by the body. Also, over-consumption of carrot juice can turn your complexion yellowish-orange temporarily.
Diabetics should drink less amount of carrot juice, because it contains a lot of natural sugar.
If you don’t like the taste of carrot juice, mixing carrot juice with other food juices is a good idea. Some tasty combinations are carrot and orange, carrot and mango, carrot and blackberry, banana and carrot, beet and carrot, pineapple and carrot, etc. In this way you are including more nutrients in the juice, and at the same time you will be making it more appetizing.
For gaining the maximum benefits of carrot juice for skin and overall health; always try to drink juice made of fresh carrots. Avoid bottled carrot juices. Now that you know the various carrot juice benefits, you should include a daily cup of carrot juice in your diet, for a healthy glowing skin and body.